Little Panda Rug

I finished this project about two weeks ago. This is the first latch hook project I finished actually. I had heard of latch hooking from my aunt years ago. She stopped pretty quickly since this does require a lot of patience and she has almost no patience.

The rug came out to be about 9" X 13" so it is slightly larger than a regular piece of printing paper. My cousin drew the image of the panda so it wasn't one of those pre-made kit that you usually find at the craft stores.
This was before I trimmed it.
The individual strands of yarn were of various lengths so I had to trim it once I was done adding all the pieces of yarn. As you can see it just looks like a mess of black and white.
This is what the rug looked like after I trimmed it.
It looked much better after the panda image was trimmed.I tried my best to make the height of the yarn the same. It was like trimming grass individually. Next time i'll make an effort to cut the same size for each little piece of yarn beforehand.
This is what the back looks like and what the image in the front should represent.
The back shows what the image should be. I didn't notice that the ear and leg on the left side of the panda were larger than the ear and leg on the right side until I finished the project. This was pretty fun and short because I made such a small piece. I will definitely continue to make more projects with the latch hook!

Comments

Popular Posts