Cable Beanie


I made a cabled beanie THAT FITS!!! YAY!!!


In the image on the left I am about to start decreasing. If you do choose to try and make this beanie and a look at the pattern (there is a link at the bottom of the post), you'll notice that the beanie I made doesn't exactly match the beanie in the pattern. I actually messed up on the second row of cables. I was supposed to cable right (CR) then cable left (CL). Instead, I CR and then CR..... -____-
So I decided to do that to the rest of the beanie (I'm was too lazy to go back and fix it). It ended up looking like I made three giant cable stitches. Oh well, it doesn't look too bad.
The picture on the right shows my marker and the beanie. I used a ring I got from those candy machines for 25 cents. The plastic gem popped off. I just wanted to show that you don't need to buy any fancy markers, just use any thin, small and circular object. You can even make little circles our of waste yarn.

The images below show my finished project. The image on the right is me wearing the beanie.
Finished Product!! YAY!!

 

So this is the yarn I used. I hope you guys can kinda see it. I found it in my grandma's house so I couldn't tell you anything about the yarn except that its old. I think it was some kind of baby yarn.

If you guys were wondering, the hair clip is there to secure the loose end. I find it annoying when there is nothing to hold the end down and you can't find the end of it because it's tangled with other yarn. I have tried tying the loose end in the ball of yarn but then it becomes difficult to find the end sometimes. Using a clip not only holds the end in place, it can clearly show the location of the end.

Yay!! I hope you guys give this a try.

Here is the link to the free beanie pattern 
--> http://www.needyl.com/knitting/mens-cabled-hat-pattern/

Comments

Popular Posts