Cat ear beanie


I made this for a friend who gave me a bunch of yarn. She personally requested that I put a braided tail with a pom pom at the end. She even drew a diagram to show me what she had in mind. Anyways, this was a super easy and pretty quick beanie. You don't need to know how to decrease to make this beanie. You are however, gonna need to know how to sew. 

Yarn used:
Vanna's Choice Lion Brand Yarn Company
Silver Grey
100% acrylic
Medium weight 4
Needles: US7 (4.5mm) double pointed needles

Pattern:
-cast on 72 stitches
-2X2 ribbing for 2.5 inches. 
-knit for about 8 inches in stockinette
     -Future reference: I would knit 9-11 inches  (or more) for a larger beanie for those with a larger            head or for those who want the slouchie beanie effect. 
-bind off
-sew bind off edge together to make a rectangle
-TURN BEANIE INSIDE OUT
-poke in corners of beanie 
NOTE: the more the corners are poked in the bigger the ears
sew corner edges together 
-the video link below will show you how its done. 
weave in ends

yay!

I got the pattern from this YouTube video:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCCPs2uLdcY

Comments

Popular Posts