Needle felting for the first time

My cousin recently got into needle felting and he makes some pretty cute things so I wanted to give it a try. I got a little cat kit from Daiso, a cheap Japanese dollar store.

Daiso needle felting cat kit
I found that creating something with needle felting wasn't that difficult. You roll up a wad of wool into a ball and start stabbing it to start any shape. Different shapes can form from your ball of wool depending on the angle and how long you stab it. Making something that looks good was the difficult part. This is what my cat ended up looking like:

I don't think it turned out bad. It definitely looks like a cat, it's just not as cute as the package. Oh well. This is definitely NOT a TV craft. A TV craft (something I completely made up) is something you can do while watching TV or a movie at home. The craft doesn't require your full attention so you can watch TV at the same time. An example would be less complicated knitting or crochet projects. Anyways, you shouldn't needle felt while watching TV because you might stab yourself. 

Here are the other pieces I made from needle felting:




Comments

Popular Posts