Forever unfinished blanket

I had started a blanket towards the beginning of September.The goal was to finish it by the end of the school year in June 2014. I used rainbow boucle yarn. I had used some yarn from the giant ball before to make some beanies but I didn't want to make a billion of beanies with this type of yarn, but I wanted to use up this yarn. It was quite the dilemma. I started looking for patterns online for crocheted blankets at first. I found one but quickly discovered that this type of yarn is terrible for crochet. So then I started to look for a knitted blanket pattern. I ended up finding a simple pattern called Easy-Knit Throw. The link to the website is at the bottom of this post. 

So I finished my ball of yarn by November and planned on buying more during all the holiday sales. So on Cyber Monday I looked on the Joanns website to see if I could find it. I found the Boucle yarn but I couldn't find the color. Apparently the color had been discontinued! =[ Ebay and amazon wasn't selling this color and everybody on Ravalry had it stashed or was using it for a project. My already dire dilemma had gotten worse.
This was as far as I got. =[

Close up view

Close up view of the yarn I was using
Now I'm not sure what to do. Should I wait for the color to come up again? I don't even know if discontinued yarns come back in stock. Should I take apart the project and do something else with it? A scarf? AHHHHHHHHHHHH!

D=

Site to that contains the pattern: www.premieryarns.com.

Comments

Popular Posts