First Convertible Mittens

So I made my first pair of convertible mittens. I used size 7 needles and Lionbrand Homespun Yarn. In my opinion the Homespun Yarn doesn't look to great. I wanted to try to make a pair of mittens that looked easy so I tried following this pattern by Rebecca from ChemKnits on Youtube. The first mitten shown on the right didn't turn out how I wanted. The thumb came out GIGANTIC. I was following instructions from a youtube video on how to make a thumb gusset. I'll put a link to the video on the bottom of the post. The instructions increase every other row until it reaches the desired height. My gauge was not the same but I followed that instruction anyways and ended up with a giant thumb. I have always been lazy about gauge and it bit me in the ass.                                                                                                                                                                                                    The picture below shows the mitten when I was making it. As you can see the thumb is already huge but I was too far into the project to turn back at this point. 









The pictures on the left and right show the finished product.
The image below shows both mittens. I wasn't finished with the mitten on the right when I took the picture. 
Not too bad for my first time making convertible mittens, but there is plenty of room to improve.

Links I Used:
Transform any Mitten pattern into Convertible mittens: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZ6x-bNo3KI
How to make Mittens: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peyue45ovA8&list=PLB7F310A2294C6DB9


Comments

Popular Posts